02 September 2009

Move in day!

So this is me exercising this blog in its true purpose, telling you every insignificant happening of my life at Redlands. As you know my family stayed overnight at a hotel in Redlands last night (I slept on a horrendous rollaway bed). I have pictures of my lovely dorm up on my facebook, and I am in love with it. I spent about 3 hours of today crying because of my horrid separation anxiety, but then my parents left me to go back to their hotel room to wash up from all the moving  action. This was the best thing happened all day. I spent about a minute crying alone in my room before I decided I needed to occupy myself with something to distract me, and I went on the internets and uploaded the pictures. Then my roommate and her parents came back and gave me someone to talk to, and then my friend Hannah stopped by my room to hangout. Then I had this epiphany that I was going to be okay. I know I will visit home a lot because I will miss my family, but I realized that I can do this, and have fun while experiencing it all. We had a dorm meeting where they told us the basics: no drugs, alcohol, fireworks, machetes, or setting fire to anything. Then my roommate and myself opted out of the hour and half ice breaker session and went back to our dorm to use the showers while everyone was gone telling others their name and favorite color. She is currently on the phone with her mom, and I am blogging and both of us are just enjoying our room and having a good time in college. I miss you all dearly and I can't wait until the homecoming game to see you all but I'm glad we are all making fabulous efforts to stay in contact with each other. I think I am going to make myself some tea now haha. 

4 comments:

  1. yay! im glad you like your roommate and your dorm and im proud of you for skipping the ice breaker to shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im pretty sure my roommates all think that i'm like psycho because of all the tirades i go on about ice breakers

    also, i am very glad that you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for pointless icebreakers!!

    ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... No machetes, huh? They've really cracked down since my college days. Glad you had your epiphany; we all had faith in you. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete