p.s. I have the bestest friends ever cause they invented birthdays in a box. that's right...be jealous
08 September 2009
Life Unexpected.
So today was fantastic, by 9:30 am I had been accepted to college (again), got offered a $500 dollar scholarship because they found out my dad was an alumni and it technically makes me a legacy admit, and they gave me the same financial aid I was offered with my fall acceptance. How is this possible when I simply met with an admissions counselor? Well, I didn't realize it until I got Dane Rowley's card at the end of the meeting, but it turns out he is the Associate Dean of Admissions. I can be caught up for my lost semester by the summer of my sophomore year, and upon graduating with my B.A. in English and a Secondary Education credential, I would be three credits away from a masters in education. I learned all of this in about the span of 20 minutes and my head was spinning, in the best possible way. I never imagined that I would be in this position. There is a certain order things go in when one grows up. Typically it's grade school, middle school, high school, college and so on... but it took me until now to realize that it doesn't have to be like that. Just because its what expected doesn't mean its right for everyone. Granted it is exactly what some students want. I have several friends who love college and are doing very successfully at their chosen school, and I was confused as to why it didn't go that way for me. I realized it was because that wasn't what was in the cards for me, and I needed to find out what was. It all worked out for a reason and I couldn't be happier right now that I have a clear cut path that I can look forward to and be genuinely excited about. I don't have to convince myself that what I am doing right now is the right thing, because I can feel that it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha, oh yeah, the birthday in a box
ReplyDelete