04 September 2009

Day one of being home

Today was a very good day. First, I started out by waking from 10 hours of deep sleep feeling very refreshed when I woke up. I knew there were several thing I had to do today to get myself back on a focused track. I called Moorpark to see if it was too late to register classes and it wasn't but the semester started on August 17th...a few weeks ago, meaning the classes would already have met between 6- 10 times already, meaning I would be terribly behind. I called Pierce and College of the Canyons and both were a similar story. So at this point I was kind of concerned, but then I realized I had another call to make, Cal Lutheran. I called Cal Lutheran and explained my situation to them and they transferred me to the admissions department, where they immediately set me up with an appointment with one of their counselors for this Tuesday at 9am. This makes me optimistic, because I was already accepted to the university for the fall but automatically cast it aside when I was accepted to Redlands. Cal Lu offered me money, and my dad is an alumni, so I am hoping this works in my favor. IF all goes according to my hopes I will get a job and work through the fall semester then I will attend Cal Lu, while living at home, during the spring semester. Then I will take a few summer classes to catch up for the semester I missed. Which implies that I will pretty much caught up by fall 2010. After getting my appointment taken care of I knew I had to start the job search. I applied for a job as a cosmetic counter salesperson at Macy's, I applied for a cashier or cafe seller at Borders, and I applied as a sales associate at Spirit Halloween Superstore. Tomorrow I am going to the mall to apply at Hallmark and maybe Yankee Candle Co or Bath and Body works. Today proved to me that I made the right decision, I feel happy about my future and am optimistic about the current focus I have. I want to thank all of you who gave me your support because it means more then you may know. Thank you all muchly. 

4 comments:

  1. good luck with the job search...i've been applying at a few places too...im waiting to apply to more places until im 18...i just read an article on the nytimes website about how teen unemployment rate is the highest its ever been at 25.5%...finding a job right now is a bitch but i hope you get hired somewhere...i hope i get hired somewhere too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sure everything will work out for the job search, cause all the college student who were home for summer and had summer jobs are all going back quite soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. ashley, it's kelli. i wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete