28 September 2009
Dancing
So, In lieu of the free time I have had, I decided to take some classes at the Porter Valley Club Gym, and I've loved it! I've taken a Ballroom dancing class, a Salsa dancing class, and a Belly Dancing class. They are all fabulous. A great workout that makes you work your butt off while having a great time. I have two different instructors. Garnet is a 50 year old gay guy who was a professional ballroom dancer who kind of resembles Colonel Sanders of KFC fame. He is just fabulous and and is super patient with new people. He teaches the Ballroom and Salsa classes. Then there is his polar opposite, Venita. She is a 6 foot tall, gorgeous early 30's something who mildly resembles Catherine Zeta-Jones but is way thinner with less hips, and a boob job. She is incredible at Belly Dancing. Though the student in the class consist of me, and a bunch of 40-60 year old women, I have a really good time. It's essentially an hour of hip intensive movements while listening to Indian Bollywood-ish music. If you ever come across a gym that offers this class, I would highly recommend it to everyone, or at least the girls haha. I would also recommend the ballroom/salsa classes, for everyone, even the boys. So yeah, I will you see you all in mere days and I am very excited! I miss you guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds like fun! im joining la fitness and i wanna take bellydancing hahaha
ReplyDelete