
So I am sitting here watching the brand new episode of La Ink, basically the one show I really follow. For those who may not know it's a show of Kat Von D and her tattoo shop in Hollywood, and I am completely addicted. I have no idea if it's the idea of seeing people get tattooed, my jealousy of the amazing skill of the tattoo artists, or the stories the people have for getting their tattoo's but it makes me extremely proud of the one tattoo I do have. I watched a documentary today on the history of tattoo's and found out that typically it is considered a cultural symbol of strength and belonging, while representing a coming of age type of thing. Then for some reason, I got this feeling that having my tattoo ties me to this long span of time and people who loved this piece of themselves as much as I do.
Every time I look at my tattoo I get this warm feeling, not only because it represents my culture and my upbringing, but also because I will always have that part of my grandparents with me forever. I know that I will never regret this decision and that I will never grow tired of telling people what it means and what it represents. I have no doubt in my mind that I will get at least a couple more tattoos in my lifetime, all representing a part of me that I want with me forever.
ok i was so excited to see that someone had posted a new blog post! im glad youre happy with your tatoo
ReplyDeleteTHATS WHAT I DIDNT DO WHILE I WAS HOME!!!! i wanted to see your tattoo in person
ReplyDeletehomecoming laura, homecoming
ReplyDelete