
Okay so it's officially 4 days until my move in to Redlands on Wednesday. I am feeling a strange combination of excitement, sadness, and anxiety. Excitement to move into my dorm and be on my own. I am very much looking forward to college life and meeting all the new people as well as getting all my classes. The sadness is that I have to leave behind a life that I really loved and was fond of. I will miss my house, my family, my friends, my bed, having a bathroom I don't have to walk past other peoples rooms to get to. The anxiety is because I have no idea how everything will play out. I came to Chaminade from my middle school with no friends and I feel I adjusted quite well for someone who had to start completely over. And now I have to do it all over again. Going through it a second time makes it a tad less scary, but starting over will always be difficult, especially when your built in support system of fantastic friends are so far away. Needless to say there will always be facebook, AIM, and this blog, but there will never be anything as comforting as a hug from a good friend. I have no doubt that every single one of us will go out there and be amazing at whatever we choose to do, because I firmly believe if anyone can go out there and conquer the world its us. Thats pretty much it for this blog, see ya later.
i think the world would be a better place if
ReplyDelete1. friendly hugs could cross distnace - it would make people more happy
2. the mavericks and laura ruled the world - nuff said
ashley you are so talented and so sure of yourself you will be totally fine at redlands...i think it is a really good fit for you from the way you talk about it. and we're always here for you on the internets
ReplyDelete