12 March 2011

So Excited

Hello friends, 

So, as most of you know I have taken several years of French throughout high school and college. I made a decision the other day that I would really just love to be fluent in French for many reasons. 1) I want to actually KNOW another language. I want to be able to use it well and if I travel to France or any French province I want to be able to communicate. 2) I have to learn another language for my desired graduate degrees, especially if I choose to go to a university in England. 3) Lastly, when I have children someday I want them to be bilingual because that always gives someone a leg up in the continually globalizing world. 

In light of this decision I recently purchased the Rosetta Stone system for French, all 5 levels, and found a great deal for it on ebay. It should be here sometime in the middle of this coming week and I really just cannot wait. I went to the Rosetta Stone website today and saw they had free online demo's and I couldn't resist taking the French one. However, I found this to be an inaccurate barometer for the software's effectiveness because I already knew the kind of basic things the demo includes. So, I tried it in Italian. All I have to say is wow. I mean I have zero background in Italian and I actually finished the demo and could go into my mom and say the same things I learned back to her and saw the demo images in my mind while I was saying the words. I am very optimistic and hope that the rest of the software I receive is equally as impressive. I will definitely keep you guys updated on my progress. 

By the way, I don't mean for this post to be an advertisement for the software because I haven't actually used the program yet but I just had to share my excitement. 

Au revoir!

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see posts on your progress with the program. I've been wanting to buy it for years, but have never had the money to spend on such an unknown.

    Maybe I'll buy it from you when you are finished... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun! I wish that I had kept up with my German, I was getting pretty good. Or my french for that matter, but I like Germany better than I think I would like france.

    ReplyDelete