Today was a great day. Abrupt change I know, but I went to the gym today and instead of feeling crappy and sore I felt amazing! I jogged for 3.5 miles then used the stationary bike for another 2.5 miles and I was absolutely energized. My body felt loose and relaxed and any stress I may have had absolutely melted away. I mean why didn't I have this experience before?!?! With all the stress I had with midterms and papers and whatnot knowing the stress relief I could have had by working out is so annoying! Anyways, I am absolutely determined to do this more often. To ensure that I don't keep shoving it off forever and ever my sister (who is anti-gym until she gets her knee pain under control because of a torn meniscus) has kindly given me raining sessions she has already paid for with her trainer. if I have an appointment then I can't blow it off cause then I'm messing with someone else's schedule besides my own.
Dinner was yummy tonight. My mom made tri-tip steak with broccoli and then I had a couple pieces of some really great irish cheddar cheese for desert. I know I'm not in France but it sounded delicious, and it was. Tomorrow I am going to see Jane Eyre with Emily Keaney and possibly Kelli Heinrich so I could not be more excited. It's been forever since I've seen either of them and, being the literature geek that I am, I am ridiculously excited about seeing a new adaptation. Even better is that I am currently reading Jane Eyre for my English Literature II class so I have it all fresh in my mind.
Word. Exercise does release stress. I'm not sure if I told you this but I injured my knee back in November and I couldn't walk on it for about a month. I was so stressed, I was losing my hair (not really). Anyway, now that I've been able to exercise for the past few weeks my life has been a much happier place to be. Good work and keep it up!
ReplyDelete