25 May 2010

Grace Hall and my Fabulous Day

Okay, so far in 2010 my best day has been today, May 25th. Honestly, it started out like any boring mundane day filled with laundry and watching food network. But then I got one bit of good news that just sparked a whole day of good news. 
First, I am officially living on campus next year. I know I posted a blog a while ago about that girl jackie and my whole ordeal with her stubbornness and general unpleasant nature. I also know that I said I was most likely commuting again next year, but not anymore. I had left my phone on my bed while showering, but typically I keep it on vibrate so I know if I missed any messages if I leave my phone lying around. So I get out of the shower and notice my phone is buzzing and I see I have a voicemail. So I listen to said voicemail which was from Nathan in the Res Life office. Turns out there is a room in Grace Hall that has 1 RA and no other occupants. Now I know this doesn't seen like a big deal "What's so special about Grace Hall?" Well, typically this dorm is reserved fro seniors and occasionally juniors. This is because it has a furnished living room (sofa and tv with dining room chairs) and a full kitchen. If that wasn't all there are 4 individual bedrooms ( I get my own room!). If you are interested here are the potential floor plans. And if this wasn't already fabulous news our room is on the third floor so I have no foot traffic noise during the night! I am so happy. After that fiasco with Jackie I'm just glad it all worked out for the best. 
Second, Today I went to Target with my mother and as we were leaving and going back to the car I get an email update on my phone. So I go to check it out and it turns out I have passed phase 1 for a scholarship worth 2500 dollars! I don't know how many phases there are but I'm glad I passed the first. 
Third, I am horribly impatient but sometimes that works out for me. I went with my mom to go pick up Stephanie from the Nade today. However, as usual, she took forever getting out to the car. Now lately I have been obsessed with finding out my financial aid package because I have been interested if my grant went up because of my grades this semester. The problem is that Cal Lu is a bit slow when it comes to posting information on the student portals. So I decided if I am going to be sitting in this car waiting for Steph I might as well make it productive. So I called the school and got directed to the business office. The receptionist said she could probably help me find the information I wanted so I waited on the line. She read that my financial aid award for next year is almost TRIPLE what I had this year. I was so shocked that I asked her to repeat the amount three different times just to make sure I didn't hear it wrong. Following that she reminded me that my Alumni scholarship (because I am the daughter of a Cal Lu alumni, my dad) was renewed. 
In conclusion, today was awesome. Let's just hope that I have more awesome days like this. 

2 comments:

  1. that does sound like an awesome day! yay ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!!! that is amazing!!!! I think that my sister lived in Grace Hall for a bit while she was there. I don't know for sure, but I know she had her own room and a kitchen and all that jazz. They are really nice dorms and you get your own room which is absolutely amazing! and then all that money on top of it all!! Cal Lu is expensive and that is amazing! I am sooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete