17 June 2010

Summer Classes

So I finished my first week of my Summer History class and I am loving it. I was a little worried I would lose focus because of the length of the class (8-11:15 in the morning) but the time actually goes by pretty quickly. In four days of class we have already covered about 250 years of American Women's history, which is a whole bunch. I have over 21 pages of notes from 4 classes. SHEESH! However, I adore my teacher, which definitely helps. Sheryl Nomelli is her name and she is absolutely brilliant. She is just one of those people who you want to listen to talk for hours just so you can absorb their knowledge. She looks like she is about 25 but her oldest daughter just graduated from college so she is clearly older then she looks, but wow is she awesome. Mia Daniels, who is taking summer classes with me, loves her as well. 

One of the main perks of summer school at a JC is that the course material is super easy. Mia and I actually exchange glances when she describes test formats because we are amazed at how simple it will be. We found out today that there will be 8 essay questions on our midterm (which is this Wednesday) and we will have to answer 5 of them. Seems like a lot of writing by our standards, however she is informs us that the answers have to be a "good 4-6 sentences and that she will accept bullet point formats" 0_0 is that amazing or what! I am loving the class and all the information I have learned only affirms my decision to add on my history minor. I start my Intro to Ethics class on Monday so I will have an update on how that class goes. I hope all your summers are going well. 

1 comment:

  1. um, that is the best midterm ever! well no, maybe not best, but as good as a real class can get!

    ReplyDelete