15 April 2010

Alright, let's try this again

So it precisely 5:28 in the morning and I cannot sleep, I woke up randomly and just for the life of me couldn't go back to sleep. So, in light of Emily's FB comment, what better thing to do for me at 5:28 in the morning then blog? 

SOOOO let's try to cover some ground here. 

School: I'm still loving it. Granted some of my opinions on teachers have changed, but for the most part I still love my school and the classes I am taking. 

Moreno: He is still the best math teacher I've ever had. Yesterday was rough because he rushed through a really complex lesson, but I am confident he will clarify it to everyone who was confused, meaning the entire class. 

Everson: He is awesome. He is a Lutheran minister but he happens to be very socially liberal and I like that. When we talked about Fascism and Marxism he was very idilic about Marxism, not like Burman was *shiver*

Weitz: He and I have a rocky relationship now. He kept giving me lower and lower grades on essays, so basically I went to him and said "What's going on dude?" So he gave me some advice and agreed to go back over my essays and see if he might change my grade. Woot for being assertive!

Lipman: I still adore this woman! She's amazing and I feel lucky that I got her for this class because its the last time its being offered, ergo, she's not teaching here anymore. Actually she is retiring and moving to Mexico.

Okay got the teachers out of the way. 

Housing!

So Suite Selection was Monday and I am pleased with the outcome but it was not all happy fun time. The way housing works at CLU is, you fill out the housing app, then you get assigned a lottery number. Seniors 1-399 Juniors 400-699 Sophomores 700-1099 and Freshman 1100-1300. Now, if you have several roommates going with you, and you have a crappy lottery number then they group as a whole can use the best lottery number in the group. So my group was me, my friend Katherine, and her friend Crystal. I had 851, Katherine had 831, and Crystal (who at the time I didn't know was a grade ahead of me) had 409! So we were excited. Our appt time was at 5:45 but they tell you to be 10 mins early. So we show up at 5:35 and they are on number 12! number freaking 12....It was ridiculous how slow they were moving. So we waited and waited, and ate, and waited some more. Then at 7:50 we finally got our number called. So we go up to get our forms and we find out that Katherine has a hold on her account cause she hasn't paid off her tuition, so she can't get housing today....So crystal and I had to sign up without her. 

I am not happy that Katherine may not be living with us, but I am happy that we got Mogen! Now I know you guys don't know what Mogen is but it is one of the 3 apartment style dorms on campus, meaning, we have a full kitchen in the dorm! YAY! 

This is the link to the floor plan: http://www.callutheran.edu/student_life/res_life/halls/mogen.php

Sophomores rarely get to live in Mogen, so I am very happy. My other roommate as of right now is a girl named Jackie, who I have only spoken to via Facebook, and she seems pretty chill. 

Alright, last topic: Work

I don't think I have posted since I have been employed but I have been a part time nanny for about 3 months. The family I work for are the DeSanto's and they have two kids; Zach is 10 and Isabella is 4. They are both really great kids, but Isabella is my main priority (cause the dad drives Zach to most of his activities like Karate, Baseball, and Chess). So in a typical day I will pick Bella up from preschool, take her home and entertain her, usually by t.v., make her dinner, give her a bath, give her dessert, and entertain her until her dad comes home. The mother is on Navy duty so she works at Camp Pendelton (sp?) during the week. The job is pretty sweet, I work 4 hours a day, 3 days a week at $10 an hour. So I make $120 a week. But as my mom says "that job is the best birth control ever" which is true because there is nothing more tiring or frustrating sometimes, than a toddler. 

So there is my massive update. I knew at the beginning of the year I promised to blog more often, then failed miserably. But Emily has a point, why have a blog and not use it. So for my 5 or so followers I hope you enjoyed this post and I will try harder to keep you all updated. 

It's now 5:54, I have to wake up for school in half an hour. Have a good day people!

1 comment:

  1. yay for blogging! im really glad you like school ashley! and yay for housing! although that sucks about your friend katharine not being able to live with you. your job sounds amazing! i'm still looking but i might (hopefully) have a regular babysitting gig on saturday nights now which would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete