19 April 2010

Oh My Freaking Gosh.

RAWRRRRRRRR

So this is the Saga of my last three days. 

As those of you who read my last blog know I was supposed to be living in Mogen next semester. That is no more. When I signed up for this room there was another girl in it I had never heard of, her name was Jacqueline Doucette. Little did I know I would end up detesting her in a mere number of days. I found her on facebook and we just started chatting, get along well enough and made lunch plans for sometime this week. 
So, in another part of time, I had realized that there was an open spot in our room still, so I was curious if my friend chelsea could take the spot in the room, but to get her moved both jackie and i would have to send emails requesting her move. This is when the world began blowing up. I sent a message to both jackie and chelsea about the potential move, and jackie never responded. So I sent a private message to just jackie asking her if something was wrong. She responded saying that she has some reservations about living with Chelsea, so I said fair enough and asked her what those were. Then she didnt give me any reason, simply said that she doesn't think their personalities would mesh well. So I kept trying to ask her to give me a legitimate reason, and when I realized she wasn't listening to a word I had to say, I asked Chelsea to go talk to her herself, and she did. Chelsea called me and said that Jackie wasn't listening to her either, but then she told me an interesting little tidbit. She told Chelsea, and I quote, "well if you don't move in then my friend Erica can move it instead". BASICALLY, she had no real issue was Chelsea she just wanted to bide her time until her friend erica could sneak in and take the spot. Which means that my future roommate started off our relationship lying to be, and essentially being two faced. 
So I messaged jackie and told her that the two of us needed to talk. She said she was busy in the library and would call me later. Okay, not a big deal. Until I get a text from chelsea saying she had just came back from cafeteria where she saw Jackie eating and messing around with her friends, ergo, lie 2. At about 7:50 pm that night I finally get a call from her. She starts out the call by tell me that nothing I can say is going to change her mind about Chelsea, and I told her that was being unfair because she didn't even know my reasoning behind wanting Chelsea in my room. I told her about my clinical insomnia and how I just recently got it under control and have been sleeping every night, and that to maintain this pattern I need someone with similar sleep patterns as myself. She responded by saying, "well I'm sorry you have a sleeping disorder or whatever, but she's NOT in the room". Basically telling me she doesn't give a crap about my health as long as she gets her way. 
Later in the phone call she tells me that I am being selfish, immature, and judgmental adding in that I need "to learn how to handle myself". WHAT? She's the one who lied to me over and over again, then told me I need to grow up? I think not, if there was one thing I never did to her it was lie. After this awful phone call I realized that I cannot live with someone who lies and manipulates to get her way, especially considering how disrespectfully she treated my concerns and opinions. So I went to the res life office today and got myself removed from the room and put on the Mogen waiting list. I can remain on the list through the summer and if a spot in Mogen opens up then I get it. If nothing opens up that I will remain a commuter student for one more semester and move on campus in the spring, anything to avoid Jackie. 
After the phone call was over, she proceeded to go onto facebook and tell all her close friends that she needed to talk to them in private about something stupid and ridiculous, which I think I am correct in assuming, was myself. This was a horrid way to begin my move onto campus, but as my mom told me "it's better to learn this now then after I was moved in with her."

So that is my saga of the last few days, I will blog later about some other stuff, but I needed to get this off my chest. 

3 comments:

  1. ugh...thats so annoying...but your mom is right, it's definitely better to find out all of this now rather than later. i hope a spot opens up for you for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I really need to start proof reading my posts, SO MANY GRAMMAR ERRORS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its all good with the grammer. Mom is always right. Ugh, i want to smack her! (not your mom)

    ReplyDelete