10 November 2010

Spring Semester 2011

Alright friends, 

I have officially registered for next semester and I have a wonderful schedule (especially if you look at it from a commuter's perspective). So here it is:

American History Since 1877:A broad study of American history from Reconstruction to the present. Special attention is given to the impact of industrialization and urbanization, the changing roles of social classes and minority groups, the experience of the Depression and the persistent attempts at reform, and America?s rise to global power, including relations with the Communist world. (MWF 9-9:50, 3 Credits)

Classical Literature: This course may include works from ancient Greek and Roman literatures and other literatures that draw heavily from classical traditions (Maximum class size 20). Prerequisite: English 111. (MWF 11-12:05, 4 Credits)

Elementary French: The beginning study of French, both oral and written, including the fundamentals of grammar, reading and pronunciation through the use of electronic media. (MWF 12:15-1:20, 4 Credits) I know you might be wondering why I'm taking this when I took 3 years of HS french. I have to take a 102 class and I'm worried that I may have forgotten too much since then to go into a higher level class. So yeah...

English Literature II: This course explores the major themes and social contexts of English literature from the eighteenth century through the Victorian era to the present day. (MWF 1:30-2:35, 4 Credits)

So that's my schedule. I love it, and its really convenient. Also, I finally have a job! It's only tutoring but its great money and a flexible schedule. 

4 comments:

  1. dammm that's a nice schedule. I can't wait 'till I can take some english classes. Your's sound really interesting! And job well done on the classes being only on MWF, and a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you haven't taken any english classes, jake? what's your major again?

    and ash, sounds like an awesome schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. english writing is my major. and the only progress i've made with it is the english 102 class i'm taking at the moment. That's why Pierce College is a bad place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, that is an awesome schedule! I think taking the french is a good idea. The last thing you want is a stressful class where you really don't understand anything. And french is fun :) I almost took more german, but then my english class opened up and I am all for getting DONE with school

    ReplyDelete