So, the time change has given me an extra hour to do things. This means that I finally get to blog again. You guys blog SOOO much more then I do and I read all of them, but I can never seem to get around to writing one. Life lately has been kind of a roller coaster. I was all set to lead Kairos 2 and I was so excited to get involved in it and have another Kairos experience, that was until my Religion professor stood in my way. Even though I did the responsible thing and emailed all my professors to ask about potential conflicts that would arise from my absence (all said it wasn't a problem) he came back (after my initial inquiry) and scheduled final presentations on the week I would be missing. In any other situation I would have ignored it and fought to recover the grade later, but these presentations are worth around 20% of my grade. That I simply cannot ignore, especially when I am soooo close to that solid A. Oh well...
I have also been working make-up on CLU's Drama performance of The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekov. The play itself I have yet to see, though I have heard it's pretty good. But I love working make-up crew and being involved in theatre again, I really missed it all. But let me tell you how inconvenient the backstage area is. ALOT. Chaminade's backstage is AMAZING compared to this mess. CLU doesn't really have a full theatre stage so the drama department uses the Preus-Brandt Forum, which is nice sized, but designed poorly. The backstage is just a series of narrow corridors with a couple tiny green rooms. There is no where for the make-up and costumes crews (who are pretty unused with the exception of intermission) to not be in the way. Someone is always stepping over you, or needing to get past you, or something. Though I must say how impressed I am with how polite everyone is about it. It is because of this inconvenient space that everyone understands that everyone is in the way and therefore doesn't get bent out of shape over it. If anything of the nature happens all you get is an "excuse me" or "Sorry!" when I definitely expected to get a glare or something of the like.
I met some really cool people through this production and it really made me realize how isolated I am from CLU by being a commuter. It's really hard to be in clubs when all the meetings are at 7pm or later and I've already driven all the way home. Most of my friends are commuters, with a few exceptions. Anyways, I just really hope if I do move on campus or close to it that I haven't ruined my opportunity to get involved by being so far away for so long.
So that's about all I have to say right now. Finals are slowing creeping closer, as are final projects and papers. That's next on my list of stuff to worry about. I register for my classes on Wednesday so I will probably have an update for you about my Spring Schedule. Until then, enjoy the slowly cooling weather because I know I am.
That sucks that you can't lead Kairos, I was thinking about taking some school off next semester to lead one, but I have to see what my classes are like first and by then they might be all full of leaders. Did you tell your professor it was for a really good cause?
ReplyDeleteAlso, that backstage sounds awful and I wish you luck. You do such pretty make up :)