It has been almost a month since I posted. Mainly this is because there is not much exciting happening in my life. It's the same pattern of school, homework, and sleep. I am loving my classes. My English class is simply amazing. Though I did have that horrendous paper on Chaucer which, if you were on facebook at all the weekend before, you know that I hated. Luckily, this was my only paper for the semester. I am rocking history, which is great since I recently declared a history minor. I love my professor, mainly because she is just an amazing teacher.
And now its rant time. Okay, so I know CLU is not the most expensive school in the country but it definitely is a nice chunk of change and I understand that my family is sending me there to get a great education. So I know that I need to work hard and earn the grades that I know my parents will appreciate. In my history class there are very few things we are graded on, so everything is worth a lot so you need to rock it when you do things. Study hard for the tests cause she is a tough grader, and at least pretend to write your paper on time. BUT NO! Nobody does that. I was one of only 3 A's on the first quiz (worth 10% of the grade), less than half the class even showed up for the rough draft edit (the only means of getting an A on the final paper is to show up for the editing session), and so many people are always absent from normal classes (attendance is 20% of the grade). I just don't understand. I mean if I can drag my butt out of bed and drive 25 minutes to school and be to class on time consistently why cant resident students do it? Maybe I'm being a tad harsh but honestly people come on. Rawr!
End rant. So my religion class is really interesting and I am enjoying it overall. Though Dr. Gill is a also a very tough grader. Then there is my make-up class. This is the single best college class ever. It's essentially a small group of us (8 in the class) who get together once a week and learn all kinds of theatrical make-up techniques. I have pictures of some of the stuff we have been learning in class and you can see it here. For the participatory section of the class I have signed up to work on two of the productions this fall. The first is The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekov. The second is a student written play call Dog sees God: The memoirs of a teenage blockhead. I am very excited for the second one. First reasons is because the makeup is really fun and not quite as serious as the first play and secondly because Sarah de la Garrigue is in it.
So yeah, that about all I have to report on. I am very excited for the OLL festival next weekend and will be seeing many many friends there. I hope everyone's lives are going well. Until next time!
So I meant to comment on this a while ago...oops.
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous of your make-up class. I love the pictures you put up on fb. Also, I agree with your rant whole heartedly. I rant quite a bit about how there are people living in my apt complex (which is a rather pricey place for provo) who are from Provo. And then they drive the two blocks to school where parking is already horrific. really friends?
i have a problem getting to my music class on time. it's not especially early but there's always traffic and the parking situation is a goddamn nightmare! that's the only class i have a problem with though.
ReplyDeletei love the pics you've posted from your makeup class. very cool.
i can't wait for the festival! hopefully i'll see you there! text me and we can meet up!