I mean, I know this isn't ideal but any other decision I made would prove that I wasn't mature enough to live on my own anyways, right? I suppose I will just work near home and save up enough money to make sure I can live on campus next year, or at least near it. Turns out I'm not alone. Mia Daniels was in the very same position and also chose to remain a commuter. It is much cheaper to commute, about $6,000 cheaper to be exact. So my address shall remain the same but while I am sad I won't be literally on campus, I am very excited for the new semester to start. I am also excited because I will be babysitting Zoe (Ms. Thumm's baby) for a few days this upcoming weekend. I hope everyone else is doing well, whether you are settling into school or getting ready to go back.
24 August 2010
Oh well...
So, I found out a couple days ago exactly how much it was costing to send me to Cal Lu, both tuition wise and housing wise. My parents sat me down and decided we had to talk because they told me I had a decision to make. At this moment in time I was signed up to live on campus in a really cool dorm. However, really cool dorms come with a pretty hefty price tag. A heftier one then I originally had thought. So they told me that, while it would be financially difficult, they could send me to live on campus because they knew how excited I was. They told me that I had to make the decision based on my personal feelings and the knowledge of how much it was gonna cost. They told me to choose between living on campus and remaining a commuter student. I mean, what's a girl to do in that situation? I was definitely not going to put my want to live on campus above my family's financial comfort. That just isn't the right thing to do. I thought about this for a few hours and really sorted through everything and, of course, I decided to remain a commuter student.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that stinks ash, especially after all the housing drama you went through.
ReplyDeleteoh ashley, I'm sorry, I know how excited you were and this is such a bummer. It's good that you are going to take control though. I hope it all works out.
ReplyDeleteThat does stink. But you have a great attitude about it! I'm so impressed. Keep a positive spin and you'll be happier in the long run. I have no doubt you will have a great year no matter where you are living.
ReplyDelete