17 January 2010

Class Schedule

Sooo I finally found my class schedule online so I don't have to wait until Tuesday. I didn't really know what I was in for cause first semester registration is basically a paper with a lot of different broad topics. You check off 4 of those topics in your preferred courses, and you get what they give you. Here is what they gave me:

Freshman Seminar: Friday 10-10:50. It's basicaly a required seminar for all first year students and the topic of focus is the book The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Finite Mathematics: MWF 12:15-1:20 "This course studies the elementary models in business and social sciences including systems of linear equations and inequalities, matricies, interest, annuities and an introduction to probability and statistics. Recommended for business and social science majors. Prerequisite: MATH 110 or Math SAT 510 or above. This course satisfies the Core 21 math requirement." So Basically, NO MORE MATH EVER AFTER THIS. I am pleased.   
Intro into World Cultures: TT 2-3:50 "People from different continents who speak different languages and possess different values and religions find themselves living closer and closer together in a new global village. To all members of this new community, cultural anthropology offers a unique invitation to examine, explain and critique human diversity. THis course will introduce the students to the concepts, theories and methods used by anthropologists to analyze cultural systems particularly those from non- Western societies" I am VERY excited for this one. 
Intro to Christianity: MWF 1:30-2:35 "

This study of Christianity explores the formation & structure of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament & New Testament & the development of Christianity from the 1st century to present, including theological & ethical traditions"

This one I do not want to take but apparently its mandatory. The way I see it, its basically everything I already know from 15 years of catholic schooling, so whatever. It's also the last religion I'll ever have to take.

Critical Reading and Writing: TT 8-925 "Practice in the writing of expository & analytical prose in conjunction with the study of provocative topics, which are centered on literature, language and/or rhetoric" I assume this will be a variant of either expo comp or crit comp, or both. So hopefully I can do very well in this class simply because of practice. But I love classes like these, so I don't even mind the fact that its an 8 am.

Overall, I am quite pleased. It could be alot worse, and I am optimistic about it all. I'll be sure to follow up with orientation action, as well as, professor details.  


2 comments:

  1. yay! your intro to world cultures class sounds like fun! im anxious to know how you like your professors and such!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Things They Carried is VERY good! I'm reading it right now. It really gets into your mind! Let me know what you read from it so we can chat about it

    ReplyDelete