Long time, no blog huh?
Anyways, I have been super busy lately with all kinds of stuff so I figured I would take this night of babysitting (she's asleep so I have some free time) to fill you all in on what's going on. I finished my sophomore year of college at CLU about two-ish weeks ago and I am very pleased with how I did. I got A's in all my classes except for American History where I got a B+. I worked hard for that B+ so I was pleased to see it. I was also excited that my semester GPA was high enough to bring up my overall cumulative GPA. so YAY!
Also, I have recently started my internship at the Ronald Reagan Library. I am a summer intern for the education department so I assist the Director of Education in implementing/developing new programs for library and museum patrons. I also work with the archivists in using their knowledge and information to enhance the programs we develop. I have only worked for 2 full days thus far but I am really enjoying it. My first day there was devoted prep for the Kettering Economic Security Forum that was taking place the next day. I was thrust into this prep where we were bussing in kids from 3 different high schools and putting them in a room with a panel of politicians and businessmen who were going to collaborate with them on how to remain economically secure. Needless to say, it was chaos; but I loved every second of it. I got to meet Wendy Gruel, the LA city controller, who also announced her run for Los Angeles city mayor next year at the event. I got invited to intern on her campaign and I also got to meet Dave Bryan who is one of the CBS News political analysts. In organizing the event I also worked with a woman named Gloria Jolley, she works part time in the education department and is also one of the assistant directors of photography for E! News.
I have met so many great people and made great connections through this internship and, like I mentioned earlier, I have only been there for 2 days! It's crazy. I am working with two other interns, Danielle and Ashley (yes there are two of us, yes we are both blonde, and yes we both commute though it is in opposite directions haha). I also work with a girl from CLU named Chelsea, she is a former intern who now works part time at the Reagan. Everything has been going by so fast and I love that I always have something to look forward to everyday. I also consider myself very lucky that I like all the people I work with. I am having a pretty great summer so far. I have also seen several friends but I know I have many more I would like to get together with. Hopefully, I will be able to fulfill all my job/internship/school commitments while seeing all my friends that I miss so much. I am optimistic about it though.
I hope everyone else is having a wonderful summer break! Make sure to hit me up sometime so we can hang out!
No comments:
Post a Comment