12 November 2009

Jury Duty part 2

Soooo, right before lunch break I got assigned to a Jury, then had to wait an hour and a half to report to the courtroom. So I walked around the farmers market and eventually decided that Korean BBQ sounded really good for lunch. So I got my luncha nd sat ourside on the ledge until some time passed (about a half hour). It got cold outside so I decided to just wait inside the building, which meant I had to go through more security. I was assigned to courtrooom 113, on the 9th floor, so I went up there and sat down prepared to kill time. After an hour they finally let the jurors in and called up the first group of 18, and I was number 8. So the case was a potential DUI and refusal to take a breathalizer test. They asked us all basic questions about our backgrounds, and then asked us specific questions regarding the case, asked to us by the two attorneys. I can't tell any details cause ALL YOU BLOG READERS might ruin the case (as if you even care). Well the first round of challenges came and went and I was still there, and worries cause I wanted out. Then the second round of questions came and then I was the second person asked to leave and I had to literally contain my excitement. 

Anyways, I went back to the jury assembly room and got my certificate of completion and am finished with Jury duty for at least the next 12 months. I mean it wasn't horrendous, but I definitely did not want to be there. Anyways, best of luck to you all should you receive a summons. 

2 comments:

  1. the government asked me to register for the draft :)
    next time you get jury duty, lets trade!

    ReplyDelete